Head of eCommerce
Title: Head of eCommerce
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Flexible Working
Based at: EO Group Ltd, Dome House, 48 Artillery Lane, London, E1 7LS
The EO Group is a disruptive technology and services company in the business supplies sector. It has three divisions; a direct business unit that primarily trades online, a reseller network that it supports with technology and services and a software company that builds and manages its proprietary, ecommerce platform (PSP) that is used by its own business units as well as licensed by 3rd parties; Pre-Covid revenues were approaching £60m.
The business took significant action to weather the Covid Crisis and is now well positioned to lift out quickly and is therefore looking to build up the teams required to deliver growth.
The UK business supplies market is estimated to be worth £6bn and is going through unprecedented change. With the winners being those proficient at ecommerce or those using technology to enable efficient business models. With offices and ways of working set to adapt it’s an exciting time for disruptive, progressive businesses in the industry.
Organic growth and increased profitability will come from a higher penetration of sizeable customer bases through the delivery of high levels of customer service, targeted digital marketing programmes and continued development of brand loyalty. Further growth will come from accelerated roll out of best-in-class SAAS platforms across all parts of the channel.
We are looking for an up-and-coming Head of eCommerce to work alongside an experienced and well-established Leadership Team to deliver on the growth plans for our online trading brands; Euroffice & UKOfficeDirect.
With a clear aptitude for all things digital and ground up experience in managing the digital marketing mix, the successful candidate will relish taking the next step up to work in an exciting, agile and commercial role to influence and manage the next growth chapter. The opportunity to leverage and influence the development of the group’s cutting edge ecommerce platform will mean pacey execution, creative and commercial dexterity, and competitive speed to market.
Reporting into the Group COO this role will enjoy high levels of autonomy and a huge opportunity for personal development. Working alongside the Group Head of Category and the Sales Director this role is a key player in shaping the commercial ecosystem that drives the multi-channel model.
With a minimum of 4 years in a B2C or B2SME ecommerce team the successful candidate will enjoy detailed, analytical decision making and a results driven culture.
- Owner of our B2B ecommerce websites and responsible for product visibility and placement, merchandising, product data, brand adherence, navigation & search
- Ownership of all digital marketing channels, driving traffic and improved trading performance across Euroffice and UK Office Direct (Google, Bing, SEM, email, affiliates, social, PR)
- Responsible for B2B Customer Acquisition and our OLM budget, PPC and PLA trading KPI’s and daily NBO performance
- Responsibility of our segmented and customer targeted promotional strategy and execution across web and email channels
- Accountable for our onsite conversion rate across new and returning traffic, through the use of web analytics (GA) and market trend data tools
YOUR KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
- Strong background in ecommerce, user experience, digital channel marketing and merchandising
- Commercial, digital management experience with the ability to identify growth opportunities, and design and execute growth plans
- Experienced at running B2B websites with complex customer segmentation models
- Good understanding of customer behaviour and how to drive multi-channel conversion
- Experienced at working with key business stakeholders and the confidence to voice opinions and ideas in a lively environment
- Web and market trend analytics experience
- Experienced at influencing and driving core digital trading KPI’s
- Degree educated and/or with a digital/marketing qualification.
- Customer driven (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning)
- Commercial KPI Driven
- Encourages a strong team spirit
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial thinking
- Confident and strong communicator
- Seeks and takes ownership
- Builds trusting relationships
In addition to working with some of the most innovative, tech-savvy, creative and passionate people in the industry, there are many other benefits of working with us. Those include:
- Competitive, market tested package including bonus.
- Comprehensive Vitality health insurance
- Legal & General pension scheme
We use a set of values developed by all of us to articulate our culture.
Our values define our personality. By encouraging an environment of respect, understanding and support we can achieve amazing things, both individually and together. When we know and believe in what we’re doing – and why we’re doing it – It becomes infectious, in a good way, and drives our success. We have a set of values that we’re all committed to – our way of ensuring that we don’t stray too far from what EO Group is all about.
- We Put Customers First (Focus, Commitment)
We know who’s good for us. Our customers’ needs are understood and thought about in every decision we make. We take time to get to know our customers, what makes them tick and keeps them coming back for more.
- We Love Office Life (Fun, Passion)
We don’t think offices should be boring places. Many of us spend lots of time in them, which is why we do our very best to make being at work enjoyable and rewarding. We want to make our own office a great place to work and to help our customers to do the same.
- We’re Proud To Be Different (Creativity, Conviction)
We are no ordinary bunch of people. We thrive on innovation and originality, encouraging each other to take on new challenges and to show creativity and quick thinking in everything we do with each other and our customers.
- We Think Big, But Remember Where We Came From (Approachable And Friendly)
Business is not about suits and ties. We think smart and bring big ideas to the table but like to make stuff happen. Like a small business we know each other, remember customers’ names and never forget the small actions that create big value.
- We’re Never Done (Listening, Learning, And Innovating)
We fire on all cylinders. We make things better and faster through open minds and teamwork, constantly measuring and changing. Some call it a learning mind-set, some call it flexibility, the Japanese call it kaizen. We call it just another day at the office.
- We Are ‘Go-To’ People (Energetic, Responsible)
We are a company full of ‘go-to’ people, who not only get things done but also help each other and our customers by being accessible, proactive and accountable for our actions.
- All Feedback Is A Gift (Open-Minded, Trust)
It’s all about give and take. We love it when brave and honest people tell us what they think. We are responsible and caring in the way that we share our opinions, and this helps us to figure things out and build lifelong relationships with each other and our customers.